Best Targeting Strategy For Facebook Ads In 2019 | Shopify Dropshipping
How Facebook targeting works:
– Facebook is smart, use its algorithm
– Keep it simple and logical
– The more you advertise – the less targeting you need
– With data and lookalikes, you can find a huge amount of audiences to target
– You need any special “apps” with targeting to make $100,000 – $1,000,000 per month
– Don’t go after audiences smaller than 100,000 people. Even better if you go after 500,000+ audiences. Let Facebook do its work
– Start with 10 interests, find winners, expand from there. Once you have a data use lookalikes
– View it as testing cycles
– There are only 3 variables to a successful Facebook campaign: Funnel – Targeting – Ads (Creative). If none of your targeting options work, then it could be your ads or funnel
3 types of targeting
General interests – Behaviors – Lookalikes
Selling Skincare cream -> Target Skin Care
Use audience insights
Lookalikes: Start using lookalikes from 500 events (in my experience that’s when it starts to perform )
Start with Purchase 1%, last 30 days
Expand 3,7,21,30,60,90,180 days
And to 1-2,2-3% etc
and gradually go down from there The structure for testing 10 interests $10 each OR $100 with CBO
4 ads in each (4 creatives to test and find a winner). If videos, different first 5 seconds.
You can use a combination of flex targeting AND 1 interest per adset. Just see what works best for you. Typically we do 50/50 split.
50 with flex. 50 with just 1 interest/ behavior
Kill losers – scale winners! Never stop testing. Repeat. That’s all there is to Facebook ads.